Thursday, April 9, 2009

show and tell...

This is the quilt that I made for my cousin Becca's new little baby. He's adorable. It didn't take me long to make it, but it did take me awhile to actually get it in the mail. But I loved it so much that I'm going to make a big one for my bed. I got the baby quilt kit from Quilt Taffy. Love those girls by the way. Super sweet and very helpful. The quilt was easy to do and I made it even easier because I just used the 5" squares as is instead of quartering them. I'm lazy like that. I have 3 more quilts to show and tell, but I have to do the binding first. And CJ if you are reading this, yes I said 3 quilts to hand sew. Wanna help? I'm seriously thinking about paying someone else to do it. I despise hand sewing that much.


The only other news is that I'm recovering from a wicked sinus infection. One dr visit and 3 Rx's later and I'm beginning to come out of the fog. Nice to see ya'll again. :)

3 comments:

CJ said...

oh I'm reading and was like UGH, THREE quilts to hand sew??? NO THANK YOU! I think if you do them one at a time, instead of letting them stack up like that, it would be much better. Are you a crazy woman??? I am LOVING this quilt, with the plaids and the 5" squares!! Is the rest of it the same size as the kit indicated and you just didn't cut the charms down? Clever!
The gals that machine quilted the quilt that I made for my daughter would have done the binding for a fee too. So yes, you can pay someone to do it, just not ME!

Des said...

Oh dang, that's super cute!!! I love that you used the 5" squares as is! very, very cute.

now, you probably don't enjoy hand sewing because a) you don't know how to do it right b) you don't have any good movies to watch.

hand sewing is very relaxing. love iT!! sorry you and CJ don't. i wish i was there. I would do it for free. but don't send them to me. :)

Corrie said...

Hey, it looks great. per your ? -- tropical fabric, I really do not have any - just some of the more girlish florals from ginger blossom & farmers market. I can't access my other email right now, so I hope this is okay. I want to catch up on your blog. :-)