Friday, April 24, 2009

finally!!!

This quilt has been in the works for quite a while. And now it is offically done. HAND SEWN binding and all. I haven't washed it yet for that scrunched up look. Sara wouldn't let me. It's hers and She wanted to use it right away. It's backed with pale yellow minky and all I want to do is pet it. Seriously. It's that lovely.


LeAnn did an awesome job quilting it! She is very talented. I have another quilt that she did that I still have to HAND SEW the binding on. Actually, I still have to get the fabric for the binding.

I have a few more projects to post, but I'll keep you in suspense! I've been sewing like a maniac. I have 3 quilt tops waiting to be quilted and a dress or two for Sara. Any suggestions on what to sew for little boys. Besides quilts?

5 comments:

CJ said...

Ohhhhh that is LOVELY!!! Love the quilting, and YEAH for you on the Hand Sewing!! You ARE a sewing maniac! WOW!
For boys - I used to make my little boy (now 16) shorts - with whales and sharks and basketballs and soccer balls. I also made him little vests for holidays - St.Paddy's,Valentine's Day, Easter. How about some cute shirts?

CJ said...

You could also make him a TeePee! a sleeping bag (quilted of course!),a robe, jammies or just jammie pants.

Des said...

Oh, I know that feeling of petting the minkee.....it just adds so much to a quilt. It is beautiful!

Little boys.....i would be making monster and robot dolls and I love the idea of the teepee. Corrie might have a pattern. Also, those cool car/airplane/RR panels.

Corrie said...

Gorgeous! i love that print! Minkee should be on everything. Leann did great. Good for you. A teepee would be really fun, I need to make one.

Vanessa said...

I'm catching up with your posts and just have to say that the quilt is AWESOME! So beautiful! :)