Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Read-A-Thon

Sara had a read-a-thon at school during the month of March. The goal was for each student to read 100 books. Every student that read at least 100 books got a medal and a coupon for free ice cream. Sara ended up reading 165. She was so excited to get her medal, as you can tell from the picture. I think it's awesome that the push reading at her school. As I've said before I think reading is the foundation for every other thing that we learn. I love to read too. However, I get a little obsessive about it and will finish a book in a night, by staying up WAY too late. I think it's a project completion thing with me. Here are some pictures from the awards assembly...
Sara's teacher, Mrs. Randall, is the blond lady and her principal Mrs. Kinney is the dark haired lady.

Checking out the free ice cream...



Have a great day!

1 comment:

CJ said...

YEAH!!! Awesome job on the reading!!