Friday, April 17, 2009

more show and tell...

First up on the hit parade is a hair scrunchie that I made out of scraps tied around a hair elastic. I also made a hair barrette out of the same scraps, but I don't have a picture of it yet. Sara gave this one to her friend Lexie. I hate to throw away even scraps of fabric!

Next...this is a little bag I made Sara for her dance shoes. The pattern is from allpeoplequilt.com. I opted not to make the pockets, but I did use the batting. Not sure if I'd use batting again. It makes is kind of bulky. But it turned out cute and she loves it. Hopefully, it'll do away with the shoe search every week.

This is another scrap project. I finished a quilt top and had some strips left over and this is what they became. I made it yesterday and she wore it to school today. I had 2 different moms come up to me and they wanted me to make them one. I was very flattered, but I'm not a seamstress. I just pretend sometimes.


I feel no words are necessary for this one...


So in addition to these lovelies, I made that quilt top and have another one in the works. I wish everyone a wonderful weekend!


3 comments:

CJ said...

You've been busy sewing! Good for you!!!! LOVE that little bag. It is on my list to make but unfortunately nowhere near the top of the list. The fabric is PERFECT of course. Very flattering that other moms asked you to sew skirts for them. Awwww come on, take them up on it. Charge them a bit for your time and thread and then you have some $$ for YOUR next project. :D

I sooooo love that baby quilt you made. LOVE IT!

Des said...

I always loved show and tell as a kid and now I love it even more as an adult.

Your scrappy projects are awesome!!! Rocktastic, actually!!!

Corrie said...

I really like that. I'll have to show the girls. it looks great. You've been busy.