Friday, July 18, 2008

Not for the faiint of heart...

So…I haven’t posted in quite a while. Well, that’s because we’ve been moving to California as some of you may already know. It’s been a crazy month give or take a week or two. We stayed for 2-3 weeks at my MIL’s house in Arkansas, stayed a few days at my Mom’s house (THANK YOU Mom!) and then drove on to our house in California. Which brings me to the title of this post. Not for the faint of heart. Prepare yourself for not only visual disgust, but I'll be high up on my soapbox. So if you have a weak stomach or just don't want to hear me rant you probably better continue your web surfing at this point. What you are about to see may turn your stomach. It did mine. This is what I walked into when I got to the house. (mind you, remember how excited I was a few weeks back at getting to our house…)

I warned you...


I don't know if you can tell in the little pictures posted here but, that's urine stains on my carpet and closet track. And the rust, well, that's from urine sitting in the track for so long. I told you it was disgusting. Yes, they had dogs. And if those were my dogs, HAD would definately be the term because I would have gotten rid of them long ago. But luckily my dogs are quite a bit better behaved than that.


This picture is of the absolutely fabulous (NOT!) paint job they did in the guest bathroom. Now WHO uses spray paint in the house? Good thing it was the only room they painted.

Oh and this beauty is the garage door leading into the house.

More of the garage...


Now this is the patch job they did by the sliding glass door that leads to the backyard. But I bet you already figured that out. I know, master of the obvious here.


Believe it or not, but this is the back of the refrigerator. It's amazing that it worked at all. And by the way, this house is only four years old.


More urine stains. They were pretty much throughout the house. And a small glimpse of my ruined Pottery Barn SILK curtains. Uh...they say dry clean only clearly on the tag...I was pretty upset about them because I just KNEW Jason was NOT going to let me spend that kind of money on drapes again. We are going to cut them off, add some material and trim and try to salvage something out of them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Broken glass in the oven. Nice.


OK, this is just proof that they never cleaned.


The microwave...


I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but there is a clear line on the tile from where we cleaned it and where we hadn't got to yet. It took me 3 days to clean it. After every 4 tiles I had to change the water because it was like chocolate milk. And I am SO not kidding.


And that is only a small part of the story. For the last few weeks I have been cleaning/scrubbing/vomiting (almost)/disinfecting/replacing/painting and so on. It was SO NASTY!!!! I was so completely appalled at how someone could have complete and utter disrespect for someone else’s property. I hate to call someone out, but our renter’s were completely disgusting. I refrained from the pictures of the toilet that hadn’t been cleaned probably since they rented our house in the first place 2 years ago. I can’t begin to tell you how disturbed I have been the last couple of weeks. I’ve been praying to God to release it from my system, but I’m not there yet. It’s getting better, but I’m still so troubled by the whole thing.

BUT…there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Judy and Ted came from Arkansas to drop off some of their stuff (they’re moving here too) and help us fix up the place. They were AMAZING! Things are coming along so beautifully now that I hate to go into the rooms we haven’t done yet. But in an effort to keep this post manageable, I’m going to save that topic for another post. With pictures. Let’s just say that I love the way the house is turning out even more than before. So for now…goodnight. Oh, and HUGE GIANT THANK YOU to Judy and Ted.

I really wanted to leave you with good thoughts, but I got nothin'...

1 comment:

Des said...

I am speechless. I would not be handling this situation well at all. I can barely clean up my own grime let alone someone elses. You are my new hero. I'm sooo soooo very sorry. But here's to a fresh new start and Here's to great friends who help. My heart goes out to you!