Friday, July 18, 2008

Redemption

So now that I’ve totally scared you for life with that last post, I’m here to redeem myself. I promise to only show pictures of good things. And I’ll also preface this post by saying that the only thing that I picked out was the bathroom paint color. Judy picked out everything else. She’s really got a knack for that kind of stuff. After I saw the below mess, I called her in tears. I was that distraught. I told her I didn’t care what she picked out, just tell me what to buy and I’ll do it. And that’s just what we did.

This is the window treatment that Judy made fo me. I just love it, especially the green zebra fabric. The walls used to be a dark beige color, but we wanted to add a little fun to the house and I think the green paint does it. And plus I love lots of color! Oh and yeah, I know, nice view of a concrete wall. :)

This is the living room. The walls in here used to be a light beige color and now they are chocolate brown. One of my favorite colors at the moment. The back of the cubbies are a gold color. The same as the hallways and entryway.


There's the gold color. Excuse the ladder and the vacuum. They have both been getting a workout lately.
And now for my favorite room so far. The kids/guest bathroom. This blue/aqua just makes me so happy. And more brown. Judy painted the giraffe spots on the ceiling to go with the jungle shower curtain and accessories. I think it turned out super duper cute. And the kids love it too!


They vanity used to be just plain white, but a layer of brown paint and now they really look so much better. I ordered some drawer pulls in the shape of a giraffe, a elephant, and a rhino.



I painted the kitchen and the rest I only slightly helped because I was trying to keep the kids occupied and not in the way. And for a 21 month old, a 3 year old, and a 5 year old, that’s sayinsomethin’. Judy enlisted the help of a couple of her friends (THANK YOU April and Sandy!) It’s turning out so beautiful that I can’t wait to get it all done. But it’s going to slow to a snail’s pace now that Judy and Ted are gone. The only time I can paint is when Austin is asleep and by that time of night, I’m pooped. But a little caffeine never hurt no one. Right?

But seriously, I have to send a very large thank you out to everyone that has helped in some form or fashion with this move. Judy and Ted for innumerable things, my Mom for driving from Arkansas to Arizona with me and the kids and getting me a new tire (Do you know how scary it can be almost getting hit by a semi while pulled over on the interstate with a flat tire waiting for AAA? Let me tell you, that just RUINED my day.) and getting my truck detailed among other things, and all my friends for just being there and listening to me constantly ramble about the house and stuff. I really appreciate all you guys have done for me. I am definitely indebted to you. Thanks for the love.

I’ll post more pictures as we get stuff done, but the goal is to have this whole experience buried DEEP within my psyche by layers of paint and disinfectant.

1 comment:

Des said...

Ohhhh, now I love Judy too! I'm so glad you had someone there to help you. It's gorgeous, light airy and fun. The giraffe spots on the ceiling are so darling. What a great idea. Your color choices are perfect. I'm so happy for you. God is good. There always is a light at the end of the tunnel. Good job!