Friday, July 25, 2008

more alphabet pals...


These little frogs were hard to do. Not because of the difficulty but because turning and stuffing the little buggers was tough. The one that has eyes is Dylan, and the others are Eli, Frank, and George. I have to say that they are so cute because they are small, but because they are small, I am probably not going to make anymore. Sara is the stuffer and she abandoned her post on these guys.

But in other, related news, I tried to do some free motion quilting yesterday. Let's just say I'll definately be paying someone else to do this for me...

I know it takes practice. And I'm thoughly convinced a new sewing machine. (That's a hint for my birthday Jason, just in case you missed it. :) And I'm also pleading for a new sewing machine because you see, mine took a dive off the table one day. Jason was playing with the kids throwing pillows and he launched one towards the table and it hit my machine and down it went. Oh, it still works, but there are alot of bent parts and a few missing parts. And I've had it for about 8 years now. I think it's time to upgrade.

And on to other completely unrelated news...

These kids are so darn cute, but so very ornery. You have NO idea... :)

2 comments:

Des said...

i know the froggies are a bit tricky. i'm sorry. But they truly are my favorite to make now. Just think, they are a labor of love. :) I use a knitting needles for the stuffing. If you didn't think they would be getting washed you could try the lentil beans in them. My son made one for my daughter for Christmas and filled it with split peas? and it's a perfect weight. love it! you might try asking my friend, Karen at http://thequiltingnurse.blogspot.com/2008/06/froggy-fanfare.html where she got her pattern. she might have made it up or adapted it, I'm not sure.
Great job. I love that My Stuff organization. Excellent choice! I *heart* good will!! xxoo

CJ said...

Ohhhh, you have stepped out and tried the stippling!! YEAH for you! I think it looks great for yer first time. Practice, practice, practice!! So what kind of machine are you hoping for????