Thursday, September 18, 2008

sewing project...

So I got my "newer" sewing machine several weeks ago and am LOVING it! (Thanks Des)! And recently I got the latest issue of Quilts and More. It has so many darling projects in it that I've already completetd one (pictures below) and have ordered the fabric for a different project.

This is the crayon roll that I made for Sara. I made it from leftovers from the quilt that I'm making her. Oh how I love this line of fabric.



She loves it and uses it everyday. It was my indoctrination to hand sewing the binding onto a quilt. And I'm NOT liking it very much. First of all, I dispise hand sewing and second of all, a quilt is a big thing. But for creative sake, I'll have to suck it up and do it. Enough of that before I have to go hide in the closet and change my mind. :)

2 comments:

CJ said...

This is sooo cute!! AND you did the hand sewn binding. Start small, that was smart of you. :D I am about 1/2 way around with the hand sewn binding on my quilt. I think my neck hurts the most. I am not sure it is done correctly but...too late now! You can do it if I can do it. ;)

Corrie said...

Super cute -- I'm impressed with the project & your pictures -- very nice. Love that magazine.