Thursday, September 18, 2008

Science Experiment

Some of you may or may not know that I’m home schooling Logan for preschool. It’s just too incredibly expensive here in California. To put it into perspective, it would cost us significantly more to have Logan in preschool here in CA for 3 days a week than it did to have both Sara and Logan in preschool in VA! (a total of 6 days a week) We purchased the A Beka curriculum and have been using it for about a week. Logan LOVES his “school” work. So much so that I have to tell him that’s enough for today. We even got him a “bell” like at Sara’s school. He totally got a kick out of that.

So this was his “Science” lesson. Just kidding, but it was a teaching moment! My husband Jason is fixing up his 1969 Roadrunner so that’s why there are lots of car pieces in our garage. Luckily for me he cleans them up when he leaves so I can park my truck back in the garage.

So let the instruction begin...

Notice the very large block and tackle hooked to the rafters...


He's pulling and pulling and pulling...

Look at the excitement in his face. He was thrilled that he got his tricycle that far up in the air...

In this picture he's like, now what am I supposed to do with it. Daddy made sure that he didn't get rope burn. Gotta love the guy.

Now here's a lesson for ya...

And we didn't show him this or nothin'. He just waltzed around there and started driving. Diaper and all.

Now isn't that a face only a mother could love! And boy howdy, do I!

And back to the block and tackle. I think it was actually heavier than Logan's tricycle...

2 comments:

Des said...

who needs fancy shmancy preschools? Super cute!!!

Corrie said...

He's a cutie. Wish my husband would do that (he's reading over my shoulder).