Tuesday, February 17, 2009

moving on...

...well, I'm trying.

Have you seen this thing? It’s called “Tag” and it’s by Leapfrog. I had wanted to get it for the kids for Christmas, but didn’t want to pay what it normally sells for because I wasn’t sure if the kids would play with it. By shear luck, I got it on a special deal from Amazon. And well they just don’t play with it, they FIGHT over it. All 3 of them. The gist of it is the pen thing will read the book to you. It will also sound off on anything you touch on the page. We’ve acquired a few books, but the most loved ones are “Cars” of course, “Walter the Farting Dog Goes on a Cruise” you can imagine why, and “The Little Engine that Could” because it has trains in it and Austin loves them. It’s really a pretty cool little gizmo. I am a firm believer that if kids learn to love reading they will do better in countless areas of life. So I try to make reading as fun as possible for them. And the “Tag” definitely makes it fun, especially when you touch Walter the Farting Dog.

And just to be clear, I AM NOT on the Leapfrog payroll, but thought I’d share anyway.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Well, that was an awfully good testimonial for them. Looks fun. I'll have to check it out.