Friday, October 31, 2008

reading...

This little guy right here loves to read/be read to. This is how I found him the other day...just laying on the floor flipping through some books.


I've been rearranging things around the house to improve work flow/ease of use. And kids books were one thing on the list. Austin used to dismantle the kids books on a regular basis. And we have enough kids books for our own public library. I love that. But I don't love cleaning it up. So I put most of them up out of his reach, but still within the reach of the other two children in the house. I left about a dozen or so down for him. And he goes through them EVERY day.
We are still a tad bit worried that he is nearly 2 (Nov 10th) and still doesn't speak. The Dr said to read to him and we do. Alot. And he still doesn't speak. There is no mistaking what he wants, but he doesn't talk. Yet. He has about 6 words that we can make out. I'm sure he'll get there, but just not yet I guess.
Here's to wishing you a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Des said...

Cute, cute! And I love a reader! My daughter was/is the same way still with books. i will find her dead asleep in her bed surrounded by every book on her shelf.

Rotate his books so he gets something new once in a while. i love the idea of just a dozen out at a time. You're a smarty!
Have a great weekend, ma. xxoo